Friday, April 8, 2011

Self portraits?

Well its been a week or so since that I've actually gone out and taken some shots. So I'm getting an itchy trigger finger and feel the need to get a little creative

I've just listened to This Week in Photo (which is a really informative podcast for photography news) and listened to a interview with Frederick Van Johnson and Natalie "Miss Aniela" Dybisz. Its inspired me to try and use myself as a model for some challenging shots.

As an amature photographer that is a bit nervous about randomly taking photos of strangers, and I'm wanting desperately to expand my portfolio and skills away from just landscapes. Portrait photography seems to be the next natural progression.

As Natalie states in the interview, the trick is to stay away from cliche shots. This is something that I'm just going to have to get out of my system before I start getting more creative rather than just trying to skip the done to death self portraits. I'm a big believer of learning from your mistakes.

So this weeks challenge for myself is to get a shot that is striking enough and comfortable to share with you guys.


Craig Ward - Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment